1. Introduction: Active Interest Media (d/b/a DiscoverHorses.com) (“Sponsor”) is offering the 2011 DiscoverHorses.com Mountain Top Inn Riding Vacation Sweepstakes Online (“Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of Friday, April 15, 2011, and a resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, the Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Wednesday, April 20, 2011, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Monday, August 15, 2011.
4. How to Enter: Visit www.DiscoverHorses.com and fill in required entry information. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes more than once, but multiple entries do not improve odds of winning.
5. Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) drawing and one (1) winner. The entrant selected as potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawing will be conducted on or about Wednesday, August 17, 2011, by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email or phone on or about Friday, August 19, 2011. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a 4-day/3-night trip to the Mountain Top Inn. Package includes: 3 nights in a luxury room double occupancy (includes room tax and resort fee) (Weekday package ? arrival either on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday; July & August package will include lessons; June, September & October lessons are not available so trail riding will be substituted); One 3 course dinner for two (includes tax); Breakfast each morning; Two 2-hour trail rides per person; One 3-hour trail ride per person (includes a stop for picnic lunch); One lesson per person. Trip must be taken between September 1, 2011, and August 31, 2012. All additional expenses incurred by the grand prize winner and guest, including additional travel expenses, additional meals, optional travel insurance, alcoholic beverages, incidentals, personal expenses, service charges, gratuities and taxes (if any) are the responsibility of the winner.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $2,700. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority, may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winner’s List: The winner’s name will be available at www.DiscoverHorses.com after August 29, 2011, or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to 2011 DiscoverHorses.com Mountain Top Inn Riding Vacation Sweepstakes, Equine Network, 22601 N 19th Avenue, Suite 208, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
11. Prize Providers: Equitrekking, Mountain Top Inn & Resort
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Active Interest Media, 300 Continental Blvd, Suite 650 El Segundo, CA 90245.