Cleaning your horse’s stall is a daily necessity. You’ll want to muck the stall quickly, but you have to also clean it thoroughly. Here’s a simple 6-step process for speed-cleaning your horse’s stall without wasting bedding or making repeated trips to the wheelbarrow.
1. Pick out the large, obvious manure piles and wet spots.
2. Starting at the door, move around the stall in a circle.
3. Sort the bedding as you go. Toss what’s clean enough to keep along the walls or into corners. Pile the soiled stuff in the center.
4. After making a circuit or two, depending on the stall?s size and efficiency of your efforts, scoop out the soiled bedding in just a few forkfuls.
5. Pull the reserved bedding into the center of the stall.
6. Add a layer of new clean bedding if necessary.