Age verification is a new specific rule in 2017 for US Equestrian in Young Hunter classes and Jumper classes restricted by age of the horse.
US Equestrian wants you to age-verify your horse that competes in classes requiring age verification prior to going to a competition, and you can even send us the required documents very easily. Here are the steps to do this through your online account:
- Go to our website USequestrian.org,
- Login to your account, then click on “My USEF” at the top right of the screen,
- Scroll down and click on the tile for the horse you want to verify.
- Next you will then see a header in red “Upload Age Verification.” Click on this tab and the system will take you to a page where you can upload your proper documentation.
- Use the Browse button to choose the file with your proper documents to upload.
- Then click Submit.
- US Equestrian will review the paperwork and let you when we have marked the horse in the system as Age Verified (typically a turnaround of less than three business days).
It’s an easy and convenient way to make your points good for the next show!
Here’s some more great information about these rules. The specific documentation is not for all Hunter and Jumper classes. The rule is intended for age-restricted classes for your horse. Below, we break down the specifics for these classes:
- Hunter age restrictions are defined as: Horses under the age of 7 years old.
- If your horse is eligible you can compete in section determined by height. See rule HU104.6 for these height sections.
- The horse can compete from December 1through that competition year in which they reach the applicable age.
- Age of the horse must be verified by USEF using the following documents: Registration papers or Certificate of Pedigree from a breed or sport horse registry OR passport issued by a World Breed Federation Sport Horse (WBFSH) recognized registry.
- A horse may compete in only one height section at each competition.
- Eligibility. Age-restricted classes are open only to horses recorded with USEF which have been age verified. Age can be verified only through the following identification documents: Registration papers or Certificate of Pedigree from a breed or sport horse registry OR passport issued by a World Breed Federation Sport Horse (WBFSH) recognized registry.
In 2017, US Equestrian is allowing all members to send their Age Verification documents before December 14, 2017, at 5pm ET even if you have already competed in an age-restricted class, but keep in mind this won’t be the case for the 2018 competition year. For 2018, you will need to have your horse Age Verified prior to showing at a USEF competition.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact US Equestrian Customer Care. Our representatives are here to assist you throughout your competition career. You can reach us by email at [email protected], live online chat, or by calling 859-258-2472. We are available M-F 8:30a.m. to 5p.m. ET.