June 28, 2006 — The U.S. Equestrian Federation High Performance Working Group and Executive Committee on Selections has approved the Eventing High Performance Committee’s and the Eventing Selectors’ recommendation to name the following horse-and-rider combinations (in alphabetical order) to the short list for the 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games:
- Stephen Bradley of Leesburg, Va., riding Brandenburg’s Joshua, an 11-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by Southern Edition Farm, LLC
- Jan Byyny of Purcellville, Va., riding Task Force, a 15-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by J.C. Chester
- Will Faudree of Southern Pines, N.C., riding Antigua, a 17-year-old Australian Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Will Faudree
- Rebecca Holder of Mendota Heights, Minn., riding Courageous Comet, a 10-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Tom Holder
- Bonnie Mosser of Kennett Square, Pa., riding Jenga, a 13-year-old English Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Bonnie Mosser
- Karen O’Connor of The Plains, Va., riding Upstage, a 15-year-old New Zealand Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Richard Thompson
- Nathalie Pollard of Chatsworth, Ga., riding West Farthing, a 13-year-old British Sport Horse gelding, owned by Nathalie Pollard, Carl Bouckaert and Stephanie Bouckaert
- Kim Severson of Keene, Va., riding Winsome Adante, a 13-year-old English Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Plain Dealing Farm, Inc.
- Amy Tryon of Duval, Wash., riding Poggio II, a 14-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Amy Tryon and Mark Hart
- Amy Tryon of Duval, Wash., riding Woodstock, an 11-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by The Woodstock Group
- Heidi White of Aiken, S.C., riding Northern Spy, a 13-year-old English Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Heidi White
- John Williams of Southern Pines, N.C., riding Sloopy, a 14-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by John Williams, Mary Delton and Robert Boeckman
Alternate: Sara Mittleider of Kuna, Idaho, riding El Primero, an 11-year-old Thoroughbred gelding, owned by Sara Mittleider
Watch for Nancy Jaffer’s EquiSearch.com postcard on July 19 from the final eventing outing. The eventing squad and alternate horse and rider combinations will be named on July 20 or 21.
The 2006 FEI WEG are being held in Aachen, Germany, August 20-September 3. The eventing portion of the Games will take place August 24-27. Visit EquiSearch.com for daily coverage!